Welcome to my first blog!

Hello everyone! I am a student from San Diego, California participating in the 10 week study abroad program in Buenos Aires, Argentina offered by San Diego City College in collaboration with Expanish.

As I fumble my way through the city streets - yes folks, I will NOT be driving the entire stay!!! :) - learning the castellano version of Spanish, snacking on scrumptious empanadas, and haggling at the weekend street fairs I shall be documenting my adventures so those of you at home can share the experience of..."A Student's Life in Argentina"!

Enjoy!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Who's got a case of the Mondays?






Not this bunch!!! Mondays and Wednesdays I have a six hour gap between my morning Spanish class and afternoon World Music class. Today we have our first test in World Music. I decide to head home to study and have lunch. This one's uncomplicated folks... just my typical Monday. Enjoy the photos!

Photos
Left top: Dinner being served in the main dining area -Themla (housemaid) and my roomies, David and Romina
Left bottom (left to right): World Music instructors Juan Raffo (Argentine keyboardist and musical arranger) and Walter Frank (Argentine pianist and composer) letting loose after grading our test
Right top: Dinner with the family - Romina, Camila (daughter of my host mother), and David
Right middle: Yum, yum, yum...homemade grub! Tonight is grilled potatoes, broiled marinated beef with salad and crackers.
Right bottom: One of the many parks I pass on my way home walking through the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment